Tuesday, November 10, 2009

the new madonna

Well in spite of trying to avoid mainstream music and shit, I have fallen for the lovely Lady Gaga. Good god she's nuts, just look at her new video (in which she wears Alexander McQueen!).

My second favorite video of hers is Dirty Rich, something something, I'm not sure what it's called. In case you weren't sure, I don't really listen to her music which I don't think is anything special in and of itself (that's a weird expression) even though it is catchy. Her videos though, are another thing altogether. The ridiculousness, the fashion, the Alexander McQueen! I love it.

Also I like her attitude. Apparently she learned to play the piano at four and wrote her first piano ballad at 13, so there's actually some talent there, as well as great taste in fashion ('great' is relative, maybe ridiculously awesome is a better way to put it).
I also love her because of this: "My grandmother is basically blind, but she can make out the lighter parts, like my skin and hair. She says, "I can see you, because you have no pants on." So I'll continue to wear no pants so that my grandma can see me".
And this: "I love Dolce & Gabbana. I love Versace. I love the crazy, more eccentric stuff. I can't pay my rent, but I'm f---ing gorgeous". I can commiserate, except that I make much much less money than she does and look much much less fabulous, but ah well.


In case you were wondering, yes I am a bit tipsy. I may or may not admit my love for Lady Gaga while sober, but I got a bottle of wine as a tip for the last wedding I catered, because apparently that's what happens at catering. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment