Friday, October 16, 2009

a foody i am not

So this week I have gone hardcore vegan for the purpose of a cleanse. I stopped eating red meat a while ago but recently I've been feeling very fat and sluggish, and generally not so good, so I decided a cleanse was just what I  needed.  But now it's been going so well I'm thinking of going vegan for good. Now when I say vegan for good I probably don't mean it like people might think. I intend to be completely vegan when I'm eating on my own, but if I'm at someone's house I'm not going to be rude and not eat what they are serving, but I'll def stick to vegetarian dishes at the least. I'm sure most actual vegans will scoff at me, but I have to be practical don't cha know.
But anyway, I've been having fun looking up vegan recipes, and I feel so much better already. I'm also excited because last night I made an awesome thing with ribbons of zucchini and carrot instead of noodles, asparagus, broccoli, spinach, and a green curry sauce. Nom.
I do like the whole 'everything in moderation' but apparently I'm just not very good at moderating what I eat. I also like the raw food movement that's going on, but I don't think it's the way to go for me. I definitely think some things need to be cooked, like spinach to diminish the oxalic acid, and broccoli, stuff like that. But I do try to eat as many things raw as possible. And lentils and avocado with almost everything.
This is probably another one of my silly health kicks, but I'm hoping this will stick because I really do feel so much better eating this way.
One last thing: this blog is great for ideas and reasons to go vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment