Sunday, August 30, 2009

what's weirding me out today

New category alert! Has anyone else noticed how commercials are starting to have better music in them? I shouldn't generalize and say 'commercials' but a bunch from big companies have featured actually good music.
Here's some examples, I'm going to post links to these commercials as soon as I'm not at work where the internet is the speed of molasses.
-Miller Chill commercial with a song by the Dodos called Fools.
-Either another Miller Chill commercial, or something similar that uses one of Santigold's songs.
-That new All commercial with I'm Cool Like That from the Digable Planets.
-A Geico commercial with that wonderful Royksopp song, Remind Me.
-One of the first instances of this (that I noticed) was an Outback commercial that completely rips off Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games by Of Montreal.
These are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head currently, but I plan adding to this list, and if anyone else can think of any, help me out!
Also, as soon as I figure out how to, I want to post links to download some of these songs and others because they're excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment