Wednesday, August 5, 2009

another tuesday night

Last night I went on the Tuesday Night Bike Ride again, this time with my brother and a couple of his friends. They are really into biking and when I lived with them last year there were at least five bikes in the house at all times, usually quite a few more.
My brother is a year and a half younger than me, and at least a head taller. He has a mohawk that he was begging my mom to let him have for years, and finally got when he turned sixteen (I think). As I rode sedately along with the rest of the group my brother bounded around us on his bike, jumping over curbs, stairs, bushes and probably getting twice the exercise the rest of us did. His friends rode only slightly slower than he did, most of them with a cigarette dangling from their mouths.
Towards the beginning of the ride I was near an old hippie who was talking loudly. He hit a pothole and his large Pabst can went sailing through the air spraying us with beer.
It's really funny to hear, as we ride by Fourth Ave. (which has bars, restaurants, shops and stuff and people), "What are you riding for?" Someone will usually answer, "For fun," or something, as if a group of people can't just ride their bikes for no reason.
During the ride the monsoon weather kicked up again, and we got blasted by dust and leaves, but only a few drops of rain sadly. I was over prepared as usual, with my phone and wallet in a plastic bag in my purse just in case we got drenched.
Next time I go I want to bring a camera but I think taking pictures while riding my bike may be a bit dangerous, so we'll see if that happens or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment